Hello Lylewood Family,
We have great news! The regularly scheduled Lylewood retreats will be taking place this fall with several precautions put in place with everyone’s safety in mind.
Middle and High Retreat, Grades 6-12: Sept 18-20
Elementary Retreat, Grades 2-5: Sept 25-27
Checkin: starts at 5:00pm on Friday. Checkout: 10:00ish on Sunday.
Middle and High Retreat, Aaron Johnson, Youth Minister at Pegram Church of Christ
Elementary Retreat, Tay Joslin, Pulpit Minister at Erin Church of Christ
Summary of Covid 19 precations
We will be doing several things differently this fall due to the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Parents will need to fill out a screening questionnaire for their children to attend the retreat.
- Daily temperature checks for all campers and staff.
- Masks will be worn inside the dining hall while waiting on food. Masks are off while eating with one chair spacing between them. (This is what Montgomery County schools are doing)
- Masks will be worn while singing on the roof (i.e. top deck of dining hall)
- Masks will be worn when kids are sitting in close proximity to one another during free time. If they are distancing, no masks are required.
- No mask while playing four square or ping pong or while playing outside on the courts or ball fields.
- No one will be allowed to hang out in the cabins during the daytime hours.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed around camp.
- Cabins will be at half capacity to allow us to keep proper spacing while sleeping.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will take place several times a day.
- We will also have plans in place on what to do if a camper becomes ill and needs to be picked up
We ask for your cooperation in these less than normal circumstances. We are anxious to get together to worship, learn, sing, and have fun with your friends and Lylewood Family.
If you plan to attend, please sign up online as soon as possible so we can have an accurate number of how many campers for which to prepare.
Can you Volunteer to help get camp and facilities ready?
As you likely know, camp has been empty all year, so there is much work to do to be ready for the retreats. We will be having a work day on Sat, Sept 12 to clean and do needed repairs. If you can come and help, please sign up here.
Thanks for your continued support.
Thank you all in advance for making Lylewood the sweet spiritual experience that it is. We are thankful for your support, trust and the love we all feel for camp and all that it means to so many people.
Finally, we would ask that you pray fervently and often for the success of the fall retreats. Pray for safety. Pray for spiritual Growth. Pray for guidance and wisdom. Pray for laughter and fun. Pray for friendships that will deepen or new friendships born. Pray for God to touch and protect our staff and campers. Pray for peace.
Lylewood Love Lives, yesterday, today and tomorrow.