Upon arrival at camp, all campers must check-in at the George Shelton Dining Hall.
Check-in for summer week sessions is between 2:00-6:00 pm on Sunday. Payment is due upon check-in. Please check with the session’s director for pick-up time on Friday afternoon as the time may vary. The cost for a week of camp is $165.
Check-in for a weekend retreat is 5:00-7:00 pm on Friday. Again, please check with the retreat director for pick-up time on Sunday. The cost of a weekend retreat is $55.
Things to know:
- Bible! Your camper will need his/her Bible for devotionals, classes, and individual study time. Please remind your camper to return their Bible to their cabin when it is not in use. Bibles left on the roof may become lost or damaged.
- In accordance with our insurance policy requirements, all campers will turn in phones and car keys upon registering at camp, if applicable.
- Bedding: a twin fitted sheet as well as blankets and pillow are necessary.
- Toiletries: your camper should bring his/her own toiletries such as soap, shampoo, toothpaste/brush, hair care, and hygiene products. Please also include towels and washrags (preferably with their name on them) to use for bathing as well as swimming.
- There is a swimming pool schedule during the summer camps. Swimming attire must be modest. No two-piece bikinis are allowed and your camper will be required to wear a shirt over a bikini where the midriff is exposed. Two-piece bathing suits where the stomach is not visible are allowed.
- Sensible shoes are a must. Tennis shoes are preferred for most outside activities, including hikes and nighttime activities. Flip flops or shower shoes may be worn when your camper is walking from their cabin to the swimming pool. All other shoes, such as flip flops or sandals, are worn at the camper’s risk.
- Sunscreen and bug repellent are strongly encouraged.
- Shorts should be long enough to reach at least the tip of your camper’s fingers; knee-length shorts are preferred. Your camper will be asked to change clothes if their shorts are deemed too short. Please, no spaghetti straps nor strapless blouses. Boys and girls alike should not wear tank tops. Skirts or dress clothes will not be necessary. Remember, camp can be hot and dirty so please dress your camper appropriately and modestly.
- You do not have to send food or snacks with your camper. If you do send snacks, they will be kept in the cabins at all times, and should be stored away from mice and such, which are always possible in a rural setting such as Lylewood.
- You do not need to send extra money with your camper as all meals, snacks and a camp t-shirt (summer session only) are included in the camp fee.
- All prescription and over-the-counter medication required by your child should be sent in the original container with dosage and time to be given noted on the application or bottle. All medications, with the exception of inhalers and epi-pens, are to be turned in to the director upon check-in. When available, a nurse will dispense all medication as prescribed. When a nurse is not available, medications will be administered by other camp personnel, such as an adult cook, counselor or the director. All medications will be kept securely and any unused medication will be returned to the camper at dismissal.
- Campers should not bring contraband to camp, such as knives, guns, tobacco, alcohol, other drugs, etc. If they are caught with any of the above, you will be contacted to pick up your child and the camper fee will be forfeited. Fireworks are prohibited as well.
- There should be no profanity used during camp. Instrumental music during worship is prohibited.
- Campers and underage staff are not permitted to have mobile phones during camp. These should either be left at home or will be collected during check-in and kept in a secure place by the Director during camp. * The Director, at his discretion, can allow for limited use of mobile phones. It must be limited to a supervised, controlled environment such as the main building common area for a specific amount of time. If you want to contact your child during camp, the Lylewood phone number is 931-320-9498.
- Campers are not allowed to leave camp without express parental permission (such as for work, athletic events, family commitments, etc.). Campers who drive will not be allowed to be in their vehicles during camp, and are encouraged to keep their vehicle locked at all times.
- Campers are required to participate in all camp activities unless it is duly noted on your child’s application.
- Please know that Lylewood Christian Camp is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged clothing and personal items, including electronic devices.