We are always looking for good help! Do you have what it takes?
We work year-round to find dependable volunteers to lead our campers on their walk with Christ. While we have developed the job descriptions below, it is vitally important to know that your time spent at Lylewood is serious…after all, we are teaching young children and adults about Christ. Sure, we have a good time…no, a great time…but we cannot forget what the real purpose of camp is. Please check out our volunteer descriptions, and if you think you’re ready to help, scroll down and submit your application. You will be contacted by a member of the Board of Directors regarding your application.
Lylewood Christian Camp Volunteer Descriptions
- Directors, Assistant Directors, Head Counselors, and Junior Counselors must be members of the church of Christ in good standing.
- The Director or Assistant Director are responsible for day-to-day activities during each camp session. He may delegate certain responsibilities to any other staff at his discretion, but are responsible for the supervision o fall campers during the entire session. The Director or Assistant Director are responsible for camper discipline. They should consult with a member o the Board of Directors when serious offenses are addressed, and must report all discipline issues to the Board at the end of the camp session.
- Cooks are responsible for preparing and serving all meals during the camp session. In addition to the Director or Assistant Cook, the cooks are responsible for supervising Kitchen Helpers, and should ensure that Helpers have sufficient duties throughout the camp session.
- When it is required and Volunteers are available, a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse will be utilized during camp sessions. The Camp Nurse is responsible for dispensing and recording medications to campers as needed. They will also be responsible for providing first aid care to campers and camp staff as necessary, and to report any serious injuries to the camp Board of Directors. In the event that an RN or LPN are not available, camp staff will be responsible for the above duties.
- Head Counselors are responsible for supervising campers’ activities throughout the camp session. They are to follow the camp session schedule as determined by the Director, and ensure campers participate in all scheduled activities. Head Counselors or responsible for supervising Junior Counselors, and should ensure that Junior Counselors have sufficient duties throughout the camp session. They will notify the Director or Assistant Director of campers who violate camp rules, and can assist in identifying appropriate discipline measures.
- Junior Counselors are responsible for following all directions issued by the Director, Assistant Director, and Head Counselor. They are to interact in a positive, Christian-like manner with all campers. Junior Counselors are to participate in all camp activities and follow the camp session schedule. Junior Counselors should not discipline campers, but should report camp rule violations to their Head Counselor
- Kitchen Helpers and Support Staff are to be readily available to the Director, Assistant Director, Cooks, and Head Counselors. Kitchen Helpers’ primary function is to assist the Cooks in the kitchen during meal preparation, serving, and clean-up. Support Staff are to assist the Director, Assistant Director, Cooks, and Head Counselors in day-to-day activities. This may include participating in camp activities such as devotionals and worship periods, meals, free-time, hikes, etc.
- Volunteers who refuse to adhere to camp rules may be asked to leave at the discretion of the Director, Assistant Director or any member of the camp Board of Directors.
- Volunteers are selected solely by the camp Board of Directors. Any questions regarding the qualifications of a volunteer should be directed to the Board of Directors.
- Volunteer Job Descriptions and qualifications may be amended or added to at the discretion of the camp Board of Directors.
Volunteers under 18 years of age, should ask their parents/guardians and their minister/youth minister to contact us regarding your application.